Monday, March 7, 2016

Acts 20:24

Acts 20:24
“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.”


App-Do you recall a time that someone had died for you and when they had died it had meant something? Not just a meaning that affected you emotionally but in a way that had saved your life from a serious situation? I can honestly say that I know someone that had died for me in a way that has saved me from hell. I can say that, that person that had died for me had given me my sight and given me freedom. I can say that He has given me the ability to fly and to fight against the powers of the evil one. I can say that He lives in me and loves me like His own child. I can say that He went through great pains to save me from hell and He did it simply out of love. I can honestly say that since He had died for me and loves me as much as He does, that I am willing to do whatever He asks me to do. Just as Acts 20:24 states, “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me.” I am now willing to give my life to Him because He died for me first and He loved me first and has given me the opportunity to live. I am repeating those same words that the apostle John had written in the book of Acts. “My only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me.” Now He has given us all a command, job, task or whatever it may be. He has set me on a race and I have started it. “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith.” Hebrews 12:1-2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment