Monday, March 7, 2016

Matthew 23:12

"And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."


App-When you hear the word humble, how does it make you feel? Or asked the question 'Are you humble before others?' It makes me cringe when I hear something like that, especially if it is directed towards me. Especially when Jesus is asking me, "Hey Dainon, are you being a humble person today? Hey Dainon, humble yourself!" It's the swallowing of the spikey metal ball that expands half way down your throat. It's the piercing of my hands and feet and flesh. It's the two hundred whips to my back, chest and legs. That's the feeling I get when Jesus is telling me to humble myself. It is down right, absolutely, completely and entirely a kick in the butt! It is one of those smacks in the face where God is helping me to get back on His path and to keep pressing forward. "But I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me." Philippians 3:12. I go back to the piece of humble pie that Kelli has made, and I walk up to the pan that the pie is in and immediately take a large swallow of air hoping it be my last before I have to eat that disgusting piece of pie! Then seconds, minutes pass by and I take my first bite of pie and cringing of disgust at the taste of it! I look up to Jesus as He sits in front of me with a look of, "uh huh, there's more, you're not done!" Look back down at the pie again and knowing that this is one of many more to come. Starring at the pie, a thought crosses my mind, almost a prayer, "I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Remembering, just a moment ago looking up to Jesus, remembering the feeling of humbling myself is like being pierced at my hands and feet. I dig my fork into the pie, take another bite, swallow, say thank you Lord, amen, and move onto the next bite. "Humble yourself!" is not an easy command. If it's anything like you just read, then I understand what you are going through. Especially Christ, He totally understands, and He is the best Teacher! Let's do it together! "We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment