Saturday, September 12, 2015

1 Peter 1:22

"Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the spirit in sincere love if the brethren love one another fervently with a pure heart."

It takes a long time to purify your soul. You can't do it on your own either. You need to accept Christ into your heart and ask for forgiveness of your sins. Although those major sins that you are able to remember immediately are forgiven, you then need to search your heart for those hidden sins. I, myself, from time to time let the power of the Holy Spirit, ask for revealment of those deep hidden sins. The sins that you commit every day and don't realize that you do. Through the eyes of God, every sin is a big deal. But He loves us and is always willing to forgive us.
God calls us to love one another as He has loved us. Romans 12:10, "Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another.." The love that God has showed me and filled me with has been a blessing from day one. To see His love that He has for me in my everyday life is always enjoyable. To know that there is always someone that loves me, brings me a smile. To have someone to look to for guidance in life is an immediate weight off of my shoulders. To be able to look at Him for purity is such a blessing. 1 John 3:2-3, "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure." Wow! Right!? And obeying the truth of God brings us to that purity. Loving as He has, obeying as He did, bearing fruit as He does, taking up the interest of others as He did. It's amazing how God can work in us. All the love that He has poured out to me only makes me want to share that love. I can comfortably say that I have a stronger tendency to share that love with one another and be more loving than I was before. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails..." Now replace love with Jesus' name. It makes sense. Now when I replace it with my name, I've got a lot to work on. Gods love is so wonderful that He sent His son to die for us. He is a God of love and forgiveness, not grudges and hatred. James 4:8, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

No comments:

Post a Comment