Saturday, September 12, 2015

Philippians 3:10

"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised Him from the dead. I want to suffer with Him, sharing in His death..."

Psalm 23:1 "Thou shall not want." I'm curious if God makes a merciful pass to want. Wanting to know Christ, wanting to suffer with Him, wanting to die for Christ. Thou shall not want, are those kind of wants taken into consideration? Absolutely, but I'm going to assume that they are good wants, acceptable wants because I don't feel convicted when I want to know Christ. When I want to read His word. When I want to love as He has loved. When I want to give mercy to others as He has given me. When I want to experience the power He did when He was raised from the dead. When I want to experience how Christ was on earth. How He had healed the lame, healed the blind, gave a roman solider his ear back. Is that kind of wanting punishable? Is that kind of wanting a sin? I'm sorry, but according to my calculations I cannot answer that question for you. Paul wanted to know Christ, and wanted to experience that mighty power. He did too. I'm sure I will one day as well, but for now, I've got a lot of work to do before God wants me by His side and there are a lot of unreached people groups in the world before He is coming back too. I can say that one day I will experience that kind of power because Peter and Paul did in acts, George Müller did with His orphanage. Many others of the disciples did too. John 15:20, "...if they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you..." His disciples died for Him as well. They were persecuted and put to death just as He was, some were crucified, some were hung, some were beheaded, but all were persecuted. Not all persecutions will lead to death, but all who follow Him will be persecuted. They put their lives out for Christ, just as Christ did for them, for us. They too shared His death. They didn't die with the sins of every human being ever lived or will live but they died for Christ. Is it bad or wrong to want to die for Christ? It takes a lot of heart, but is it wrong to want as such? Tonight I will pray for a realization to die every day for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment