Saturday, September 12, 2015

Philippians 3:11

"If by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

Have you ever watched a super hero movie and after it's over just thinking of how awesome it would be to have super powers of the characters? I can say that every time that someone brings up a super hero I wish I could have the super powers of spider man or wolverine. Yes, my two favorite characters. When I was younger, I would sometimes finish that super hero movie and try and do some of the cool moves they did in the movie. Sometimes it ended bad, sometimes it ended good. Realizing that it is only fake, it is still an energy boost going on a fan rampage of how cool it would be to have super powers. Even going online and looking up all kinds of different facts about the super heros. Coming up with a schedule of working my way to become even closer to that super hero. Do you know what happens every time I get that intense into it? Nothing. Nothing. Happens. Ever. It's always just a thought, or a wanna be feeling. I can most definantly say that it is a great wanna be feeling. I could read comics on end, watch movies over and over, play the fan games on my phone or a gaming system, and it all turns out to be nothing. It's almost as if I turn fantasy into reality. Finish the movie, go on crazy nerd rampage, then BANG! Ow, that's my elbow, oooo that's going to hurt for some time. Okay, nerd rampage is over for the time being. Maybe forever. I would lay there, most likely on the floor, with my arm sprawled out, my arm numb and turning green and purple. Then I look over, bringing myself back to reality, and see my bible sitting on my headboard. Bringing my arm back together, I get up and go towards it, sitting on my bed or the floor, open it up and start reading it. Do you know what's really awesome about the bible? Is I get to be a super hero! I get to be that super dude in the movies doing all those cool moves and saving hundreds of lives. I get to be that super guy in the movies that doesn't die in the end. I get to be that super human being with super awesome powers. And those awesome super powers live in me every day. I would call my self, God Guy. I'm that super hero. I am one of Gods best friends. I am His son. The coolest thing about it too, is that I don't die like some super heros do in the movies. Instead at the end of the movie where credits roll, I get to talk to the Guy that gave me those super powers. I get to continue my super hero movie onto another day and for the rest of my life. Not all super heros in the movies get to. Some die for good, some get terribly injured and aren't able to come back. Some get knocked down from an enemy and have difficult time finding the strength to come back to the fight. Now when I face an enemy, I can get knocked down, but not all the way. My Super Powers are behind me holding me up, then they come around and do a super cool move like a super kick to the face of the enemy. And BAM, the enemy is down! And the victory goes to the Guy, standing in the white corner, weighing 135 pounds, with a height of five feet and six inches, full of raw power, goes by the name of: Jesus, Holy Spirit, God, The Creator, The First and the Last, The Lamb Of God. 
I have that Guy behind me. He gives me the strength when I get knocked down. He gives me the wisdom to live my life day by day. He gives Me the mindset to beat my enemies. He always has my back. "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1. "I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:1-2. "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you." Romans 8:11. 
God gives me the ability to be a super hero. He is the writer of my comic. He gave me the super powers that would best suit me. I'm able to fly, able to lift up big boulders and move mountains, able to walk to the end of the earth. Tonight I will think of my three most favorite super heros and relate to them in a Godly way that He has given me the same strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment