Saturday, September 12, 2015

Philippians 3:9

"...and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith..."

Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Dead men don't have rights! "Well of corse not Dainon, they are dead. Zombies don't have rights, I knew that." That's not what I mean. I meant was I myself am dead. I no longer live, but it is Christ who lives in me. I am a dead man and I don't have rights. I see you and you see me...hang on, look at it this way, kid. If Christ were to forsake me, I would be moping around like a zombie, not very much color to my skin, probably pale, eyes half shut and blood shot, slurring my words if I were to speak, walking with a limp, trip every so often, very boring to be around, and would most likely smell like a rotten fish. Now since I, that kind of zombie person, looked towards the bible, and mumbled out enough words to say something like, "God take me and use me, I am surrendering myself to you." When I did that kid, Christ's Holy Spirit came upon me and I was no longer living but Christ was living in me. John 5:20, "most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear Him will live." Does that make sense kid? "Well Dainon, how come I don't smell like a rotten fish, or walk with a limp, or have my eyes half shut?" It's a metaphor kid, it's hard to understand, something myself won't understand till I get to heaven. Here kid, listen to this, "how shall we who died in sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in the newness of life." Romans 6:2-4. You do walk with a limp, not one that I can see but one that God can see. Your eyes don't look half shut, but they haven't seen the love that God has given to you on this earth. So they kind of are half shut. I know, it's hard to understand and I'm not the best explainer either or interpreter. You know kid, have you accepted Christ into your heart? Have you given Christ your life as He has given you His? "Well, no, actually." Have you ever thought about it? "I have been since you said something about Galatians and how dead men don't have rights." See the pastor over there behind you, taller gentlemen, big smile, wants to help you, He can help you with opening your eyes. 
Romans 6:11, "likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord." The spirit is constantly warring with the flesh. I had asked Luis on helping making sense of Galatians. Imagine the flesh is a terrorist group in a country, and the government is Christ. Before accepting Christ into our hearts that terrorist group ruled over all. Then came the day where Christ established His territory in our hearts. Since that happened the terrorist group will do everything in its power, sabotage, attack, flank from the left and the right, to get the government to fall. Now the more that we trust in Christ and the more we lean on Him, Proverbs 3:5-6, "trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." the less we will notice attacks from our flesh and ignore it with the power of God. Tonight I will pray for the will to focus, the strength to defend from the flesh, and for the will to trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment