Saturday, September 12, 2015

Acts 2:43

"Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles."

then fear came upon every soul, that sounds frightening. Can you remember a time where fear just came upon you? In a sudden twisted moment you were struck with fear. Maybe your heart started pounding, blood was rushing through your veins, you got goosebumps all over your arms and neck, your hair stood straight up, and you felt a little nauseous. Has that ever happened to you? I can most definitely admit that it isn't the greatest feeling. A feeling of, "oh no, something is about to scare me out of my pants and I'll be running as fast as I can, partially crying maybe, all the way home." Maybe that kind of feeling, or maybe even a feeling of "hold me because I'm about to be dragged away and eaten alive." Those two ideas sound like some of the worst, but that is what comes to my mind when fear comes upon me. A time where fear just came upon me was when I was ding dong ditching with two friends of mine. We were at my buddy's house, Kevin, and Chantz was over too. We all thought it was a good idea to go ding dong ditching at one 'o' clock in the morning. (A bunch of the parents that are reading this, please forgive me if you were a victim of my ding dong ditches. I am terribly sorry. I will be praying that you can forgive me. And to all of the teenagers or kids that are reading this, I beg you, please, please, do not get the idea that ding dong ditching is a good idea. Here's why...) My friends and I went out at one 'o' clock a.m. at Kevin's neighborhood. Chantz's was on the other side of town, and mine was ding dong ditched all the time and if anyone was woken they just call the cops immediately. We decided to stay in Kevin's neighborhood, and got dressed up in our darkest clothes, and headed out. We went to a couple houses that we thought were good ideas, a little ways away from Kevin's house. A couple had some lights on, a couple had a couple rooms with people in the them, so we went and ding dong ditched them. Kevin did a few, Chantz did a few, and I did a few. Some of them we ran away from, some of them we stayed and watched to see what would happen. Most of the ones we stayed and watched, no one was home. There was specifically one that we stayed and watched that we had an answer and that one, we definitely had an answer. The house we decided with, we knew he was home because Kevin's mom knew the guy. We all went up to ring the door bell, and ran a short distance and hid behind a tree. Waited a couple minutes, and no answer. I ran up alone, rang the door bell again, and we ran a further distance because we were sure to get an answer. Waited a couple minutes, and no answer. Kevin went next, got to the first step of the front porch, and the light flicked on and Kevin was out of sight before we knew what happened. Kevin went and hid behind the trash cans near the front door, a little out of sight, and the gentlemen living in the house walked out. Chantz and I, breathing heavy form adrenalin rushing through our veins, laying down in the grass behind a tree with getting an answer. Myself laying down, heart pounding out of my chest, having no clue what Kevin is going to do, and getting caught was the worst. The gentlemen walked back inside, and Kevin sprinted towards us. When Kevin got to where we were, the gentleman walked back out with a coat on and with a gun in his hand. At this point, that fear that I was describing earlier, had come upon me. I was absolutely shivering from head to toe with adrenalin rushing through me. Feeling my heart beat in my head and my breathing was all I heard, keeping my eyes fixed on the gentlemen with a gun, sitting on his rocking chair calling out to us. He didn't know where we were, but at this time we were all fixed on him as to what's going to happen next. Trying to figure out a way to get off the gentlemen's property without being seen. We had gotten the answer we wanted, but more than we expected. Finally Kevin looked behind us as there was another group of trees we were looking for. One by one we crawled to the trees, trying to remain out of site. The gentlemen creaking in his rocking chair still looking for us, we were able to slip under his picket fence and down the road. You would be surprised at how sneaky you could be when it's typically a life or death situation. Living in the country, people don't always question what's out there scrambling around in the dark. This fear had hit me like a train and it was not a fear that I would ever want anyone to experience. 
When I had dedicated my life to Christ, Psalm 23 has always been a friend of mine. God is by my side and there should never be anything to fear except for Christ. Thanks to God, I am still alive today, sharing with all of you who are reading of what I had gone through in a fear that had come upon me in a heart beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment