Friday, August 14, 2015

1 Timothy 6:6

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain." 

There is always joy in everything you do. Even when it is down and dirty or frightful and horrid. You can find joy. Jesus was able to. James 1:2-3, "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." Finding joy in everything can be difficult. I myself always try to find joy in everything. The more I laugh about something, the more joy I find within it. Even when there is a more serious situation, I am sometimes scolded when I start laughing about something. Yes, I understand it's a serious moment, that doesn't mean we have to be lame. Laugh a little, live a lot. Isn't that how the saying goes? What about laugh a lot, live for God? Now that's more like it. The more you laugh, the longer you live. There was once a guy that laughed a lot in his life, and he ended up living around one hundred and ten years old. Not exactly sure how old, but he lived a long time. Not sure if he lived for God, but he found joy in what he did. He laughed about something that wasn't really all that funny, like I am while writing this. When you find joy in the little things, some would say, that's when you start living. But maybe that's just me saying that. Even when you're feeling sad, try smiling the biggest smile and eventually, well guess what, you will start laughing. If that didn't work, smile bigger. Think of it this way, if Jesus was able to find joy in the saddest situations, it may be hard, but I'm sure you can too.   Dealing with sad or depressing situations can be tough. It's always worth trying to smile. Some might say, let's turn that frown upside down! If you feel so down, then lean on the Lord. Nehemiah 8:10, "....for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Let Him help you through the situations. He is always wanting to and is always able to. Allow Him to cheer you up. Once you allow Him to do so, He will, trust me on that! Allowing God to cheer you up will bring an abundance of joy to your life. He wants you to be happy. Luke 15:11, "...that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. " Jesus, loves us, died for us, rose again for us, so that we can be joyful, so that we can be saved and live with Him in His kingdom. To hear that, think of that, and to write that down brings me joy. It brings me joy to remember that someone died for me. 
When we have joy, that's when we begin to gain what God has for us. We are brought joy from His love and mercy towards us, we then begin to serve Him, with joy. In the potters field program that I am participating in, my group had to do a media project where we have to make a video that is about something we have learned since being here. Our video was about finding joy in serving God. When cleaning up the property, doing dishes, cleaning our bedrooms every Saturday, and keeping the entrance clean. He blesses us with so much, so we must find joy in serving Him. Why shouldn't we? You might as well take away the toilet you use every day if you aren't thankful that God has blessed it upon you. Get rid of the clothes on your back if you aren't thankful for them. I sure am. I really appreciate being able to use a shower every day. Being able to use a plate to eat off of. Finding joy in everything, can be difficult, but always remember who gave it to you. It may seem that you got it yourself, but where did you get the money. Okay, from a job, who created that job? Okay fine, those ceo did, but who gave life to that ceo, your parents did, but God had already created a path for Him before he was thought of by your parents. Find joy in everything when serving for God. For this week, I will make a list of what God has blessed me with, and thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment