Friday, August 21, 2015

John 14:19

"A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also."

when Jesus says that you, meaning I, will see Him, gives me joy. Everyday, I see Him all around me. His love that He has poured out to me. Every where I look, I see His love for me. The nature around me, the creation of all things, the gifts that He has given me for everyday use. Isaiah 51:13, "and you forget the Lord your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth..." The world forgets that God created all and gave all, and loved all. The world doesn't see God for the God He is. He poured out His love for us, and does every day. It hurts to see how cruel people are to one another and how unappreciated people are. I hate to say this but people in first world countries seem to be like that the most. God gives us so much, and so many can't say so much as a simple thank you. Of those that live in first world countries have it made for them. Plates made out of gold, beds made with heat and cold switches, toilets made out of silver, cars that cost so much that they could buy an entire country. It makes me sick knowing that I live in a country like that with people that surround me as such, and it's hard for them to reach out and say thank you or to donate a little. I have been in the potters field program just under six weeks and when I get back home for a couple days between Guatemala and my field location, I can tell you that there is going to be quite a bit that I'm getting rid of and a lot more that I'm going to be thankful for. Just to be thankful for having a meal three times a day, for having a different pair of clothes on my back everyday, to have shoes to protect my feet everyday. It breaks my heart knowing that there are hundreds of thousands of kids out there that get a meal every three days, and it's not even a nutritional meal. Psalm 100, "make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." God has given me everything that I have today. He has provided me with more than I need and I can't be thankful enough. I'm glad that He says that I will see Him. I'm glad that I allowed Him into my heart. He has opened my eyes to so much. "Because I live, you will live also." John 11:25, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die." That just blows my mind. "He who believes in Me, shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16. Ooo boy, I'm excited. Not only do I get the privilege of glorifying God and being given great love, I get to spend eternity with Him. I'm excited! "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Is stated in Romans 6:23. He gave us a gift to be born again, to be saved, have everlasting life with God in heaven, and to have rich love poured out to us every day. How do you not say yes. Because He lives, I will live also, in His name. He has given me life, love, kindness, mercy, grace, all of the above. I sin and He still loves me. I deserve to be condemned to hell but He says I don't belong here on earth but in heaven by His side. I have nothing to give except for my life, which His has given His. He deserves my life and a big 'ol hug and a big thank you and much more, but I don't have that. I love Him so much that I'm willing to do anything for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment