Saturday, August 1, 2015

James 3:15

This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.

James 3:14 states, "but if you have bitter envy and self seeking in your hearts do not boast and lie against the truth." Then verse fifteen starts out with, "this wisdom..." This self-seeking and bitter envy and the boasting of lies is "this wisdom..." "This wisdom.." In Gods eyes is an earthly wisdom, sensual, demonic wisdom. Why commit to it? 1 Corinthians 3:19 states, "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God...."  Of this world Paul states in Corinthians. Of this world, not of Heaven, not of Jupiter, not of another galaxy, but of this world. Whatever is not of God is of this world. Whatever is not of His word is sensual. Whatever is committed that is not of God, is demonic. God tells truth and only the truth. The truth that God displays, is the truth we must follow. It's the truth, why not follow it. Then when we begin to understand His truth, we then are loved by Him. 1 John 4:10, "In this is love, not that we love God, but that He loved us, and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins." He loved us so much, that He sent His son to be the ultimate sacrifice for us. I can say one thing for sure, that's a lot of love brotha! Now when we begin to understand His love and love back, we then begin to minister others for Him and serve for Him. "He would rather have us obey then to ask for forgiveness later." A friend of mine once told me that, and the world has it backwards. "Ministry takes place when divine resources meet human needs through loving channels to the glory of God." Warren W. Wiersbe states in His book On Being a Servant of God. It's interesting to see how God works through us. Just yesterday we had mentally and physically handicapped people come to our living quarters in Antigua and serving for God, yes we gave them the blessing to put a smile on the faces, but we, I, myself received more of a blessing being able to put smile on there face. God uses us to show His glory and His amazing love through us. He wants us to be a demonstration of His unconditional love. 2 Timothy 2:15, "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." Sometimes when praying, I ask God why He loves us so much. He doesn't answer. And I won't understand why He does. We don't deserve it. But I am so thankful for His unconditional love. There will come a day, where tears are no more, fears are washed away, and we will be standing in front of Him. I myself can only imagine what I'm going to do. Give Jesus a big ol' hug, thank Him with tears of joy on my face and start dancing for Him. I can only imagine what it would be like. For the rest of my life, I will continue to push towards God, obeying Him, thanking Him, and loving others as He has loved me. I love Him with all my heart, He died for me, I will die for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment