Friday, August 7, 2015

Luke 8:11-12

"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved."

A few years ago, I was that seed. I wasn't watered of fed enough and I didn't survive. I heard Gods word every Sunday at youth group. At that time I had only gone to youth group for the games. I heard Gods word and didn't think anything of it. I can tell you that I was so consumed in sin that I did not understand what was being said. I was so consumed in sin, and looking back at it now, I was worshipping the devil. I was so lost I didn't even know I was lost. I was dead in Gods eyes and felt alive in my own. I was defiantly alive in satans eyes. satan had made me feel like I was on top of the world, and now that I think about it, I was at the bottom. I was teaching Ephesians 2:1-10 yesterday (Sunday, August 2nd) and came across verse 1-2. "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the corse of this world, according to the prince of power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience..." And you He made alive. When He sent His son to die for our sins and when we accept Him into our hearts, we become alive in Gods eyes. The Spirit is constantly warring with the flesh. I can tell you that when I got saved and came to Christ, I had never before felt more alive. The weight that was taken off my shoulders, the freedom I had felt. I can't begin to express how wonderful it was to receive Gods love. I questioned myself as to why I hadn't wanted to receive it before. As to why I was that seed that was ignoring God. Why I had the mind set of only going to youth group for the games. I even ask myself, "what was I thinking? How stupid of you!" It was a, could of had a V8 moment. "Did you read the word today?" "No." Bonk! 
"Sin is like being in a five star prison that is so comfortable that you don't want to leave, and you have every chance to leave, until one day, the door closes and then you are stuck in there forever!" Then you are stuck in hell forever. It's a scary thought but true. God gives you so many opportunities to be alive and to be with Him in paradise for eternity. Don't be the seed that ignores what God is trying to say to you. Listen to Him. Yes, sometimes it will be hard for you to listen to Him, but He is always talking to you. He is the truth, the light. He is always willing to accept everyone, all you have to do it obey and give Him your life as He has given His. Being a Christian and a disciple of God, is not! always an easy life. Who ever told you that is wrong. You will have hardship, you will struggle, and God does that for a reason. If you quit, then you are back in satans hands. God doesn't want quitters in heaven with Him. He wants the people in heaven that are willing to go the distance. He wants disciples that are willing to keep their head up and stay strong. Willing to die for Him as He has died for you. He will test you, and test you, but remember, He is always, ALWAYS, there for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment